RESERVES OF WESTERN CRIMEA
The nature of the Earth is the greatest material heritage of mankind.
Relationships between man and nature are diverse, strong and eternal.
1. North-Western part of the Lake Donuzlav was declared protected in 1947. In this part of Donuzlav an area of about two square kilometers, the prevalent unusual for the Crimea wetland vegetation with a rich world of birds. As part of the lake freshened Donuzlav there were found 37 species of plants that form the undergrowth here, which are sensitive to fluctuations in the concentration of salts in the waters of the lake Donuzlav
, so the lake Donuzlav or reserve part of the lake is a kind of Donuzlav laboratory in the open air, illustrating the dynamics of vegetation and fauna of the lake Donuzlav, depending on the characteristics of the salt composition of water of lake of the Donuzlav.
2. Atlesh - abrasion of Tarkhankut Coast located 4 km to south-east of the village Olenevka. Coast Atlesh was declared nature reserve in 1968. Deposits are protected by the rocky coast Atlesh having the form of porous rocks, caves, water mills, stone arches, as well as nesting birds here, and the colony of fossil oncolites. Observations on the natural processes on the coast of abrasion Atlesh possible to determine the nature and rate of destruction of the coast Atlesh by abrasion of the Black Sea and is also eroding the surface of the land of rainwater.
3. The unique part of the virgin rocky steppe, located on the chalk ridge to the west of the village of Krasnoselskii, declared nature reserve in 1968. On the surface of the protected area with rudimentary forms of education prevalent soil overgrown fescue and thyme, and feathery pink feather immortelle and other drought-resistant plants. This reserved area of the Crimean steppe may serve as a model to determine the role of individual plants in soil formation of west of the Crimea.
4. Dzhangulskoe landslide coast, which is washed by the Black Sea
, declared protected in 1960, is located three kilometers north of the village Olenevka. Thus, the warren Dzhangulskoe Coast is a kind of natural laboratory of relief. Here, in the protected Dzhangulskoe landslide coast, distributed a variety of forms collapses and landslides, the traces of the huge landslide, as well as blur and creative activities of the Black Sea. On the protected Dzhangulskoe landslide coast rich in composition and abundance of representatives of the plant, even fauna are protected in reserve of Dzhangulskoe landslide coast.
5. Beam Great Castell was declared protected in 1969. Sacred Beam Big Castel is situated to the north-east of the reserve Dzhangulskoe landslide coast. Beam Big Castel as it illustrates the role of flowing water in the formation of local landforms of Western Crimea. Sacred Beam Big Castel was a kind of refuge for relict areas of shrubs and virgin feather-grass and mixed grass steppes west of the Crimea. Sacred Beam Big Castel shall be protected with a large beam occupying the protected wild animals Castel
6. Swan Islands are declared protected in 1947. Swan Island is an ornithological reserve, which has a well-deserved international recognition. Six islands are tracts near the north-western coast of plain Crimea. By about 8 kilometers stretched along the Swan Islands Karkinit Bay. The largest island has a length of about 3.5 kilometers and a width of 350 meters. Swan Islands off the coast removed about 3.5 kilometers. Shallow waters, the abundance of plant and animal food in the water and on land, combined with the reserved mode attract to the Swan Islands lot of waterfowl. As from 1949 the Crimean branch of the reserve economy, Swan Islands serve as a basis for biological research. Since 1971, the Swan Islands - ornithological reserve of international importance. During molting the regal birds arrive here - a graceful swan mute swan, to update its snow-white plumage of late autumn in the Swan Islands, going north for the winter whooper swan. At the Swan Islands, nesting and hatching offspring, many representatives of the birds - black-headed gull is a huge beautiful birds with a wingspan of two meters, Yellow-legged Gull (their shouts of laughter really resemble), herring gulls, terns, chegravy, cormorants, white and gray herons, many species of ducks, sandpipers and other birds, all on the Swan Islands, recognized more than 25 species.RESERVES
Reserves are protected areas of land or water surface, where environmental geographic or biological studies of the natural objects of national wealth and a special scientific value are conducted. Thus, the reserves may be natural landscapes unique geographical education community of plants or animals, and so on. Territory of reserves completely and permanently removed from economic use and closed to the public.
This page is a translation of original article in russian language Reserves of western Crimea